Index - Small Press Services
- Author Services - Artist
Services - Site Map
Writing - Our
Reviews - Shopping Cart
Short Stories -
Required Reading - Links
- Contact Us - Guest
- Offer an assortment of quality speculative
fiction, and use the proceeds from sales to support the program efforts.
- Our selection of quality speculative fiction gives the reading public an incentive to take part in this program, and provides them with an entertaining read as well.
- Solicit private and public grants to support
the program efforts.
- As a non-profit organization, we can apply
for grants to extend this operation. The National Endowment For
The Arts is one good prospect, and there are a host of private
endowments that support literary efforts.
- Encourage established authors and artists
to mentor newcomers.
- It's a lonely world out there for the unpublished
author. There was a time when established authors would mentor
newcomers, advising them on their writing skills and content.
Robert A. Heinlein mentored some of the great names to come out
of the 50s and 60s. Reputedly, Hugo Gurnsbach did so as well.
Sadly, that practice has diminished, leaving the untried author
to struggle alone to learn the skills needed to break into the
market. The Written Wyrd encourages established authors to renew
this practice. Among the things to be hoped for is that they
will refer promising newcomers to us to gain promotional support
and recognition, hopefully leading to commercial publication
- Develop a community of volunteer editors
and reviewers to examine potential authors' works and provide
- The single biggest problem any unpublished
author faces is getting feedback on their work. By putting together
an editorial review source, potential authors could benefit in
improving their works, and in getting their works reviewed once
they are published.
- Promote high-potential unpublished cover
artists by adding samples of their works to the selections, thus
providing them with exposure.
- The Written Wyrd will feature samples of
cover art from budding artists, together with contact information
so that self publising authors and small presses can connect
- Provide activities which give exposure to authors.
- The Written Wyrd will organize and stage public activities promoting local self published and small press authors by providing them with a chance to interact with the community.
A Special Appeal To The Industry
Established Writers, Publishers, SMOF, Please Read.
You can find more background on
this project by checking this